is information that could reasonably be used to identify you individually, such as your name, e-mail address, and mobile number.
- What information we collect
- How we use that information
- How we may share that information
- How we protect your information
- Your choices regarding your Personal Information
Any information you provide to the Silbo Platform, including any Personal Information, will be transferred to and processed by computer servers located within the United States.
I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a) Information You Give Us
We collect information that you voluntarily share with us through the Silbo Platform.
If you are using the Silbo Platform to request Official Services, you may give us:
- Contact information, such as your name, physical address, telephone number, and email address
- Information about your league and games, such as the location of games, the name(s) and contact information of game, match or competition participants, and/or league-related contact information.
- Billing information, such as credit or debit card number, expiration date & security code and/or information regarding your PayPal, Google Wallet or other digital payment accounts
- Ratings and reviews of the Officials you engage through the Silbo Platform
If you participate on the Silbo Platform as an Official, you may give us:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number
- Log-in information, including your Silbo Platform username and password
- Application information, if requesting consideration to participate as an Official through the Silbo Platform, such as your experience, skills, eligibility to work, and availability
- Social Security number, if you are an Official who wishes to participate on the Silbo Platform in the United States and you are selected for a background check
You may, at your choice, complete surveys on the Silbo Platform about, for example, your level of satisfaction with the Silbo Platform, your engagement with the Silbo Platform, and your awareness of Silbo Platform features. In some cases, we may link the information you provide in the survey with Personal Information in your Silbo account, such as your name or email address. When linked to Personal Information, your survey information becomes Personal Information too.
b) Information We Collect Through Technology
We collect information through technology to enhance our ability to serve you. When you access and use the Silbo Platform, Silbo and, in some cases, our third-party service providers collect information about how you interact with the Silbo Platform. We describe below a few of the methods we use to collect information through technology.
When you visit the Silbo Platform, we collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is often associated with the portal you used to enter the Internet, like your Internet service provider (ISP), company, association, or university. While an IP address may reveal your ISP or geographic area, we cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address. However, we may link the last IP address you used to access the Silbo Platform to Personal Information you provide us.
We may also collect a unique identifier for your computer, mobile device, or other device used to access the Silbo Platform (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to the device you used to access the Silbo Platform. We may link the Device Identifier to other information about your visit, such as what pages you viewed, and to Personal Information you provide us, such as your name.
We may include small graphic images or other web programming code, called web beacons (also known as “pixel tags”, “web bugs” or “clear GIFs”), in our web and mobile pages and messages. The web beacons are minute graphics with a unique identifier. They are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored in a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Web beacons may help us better manage content on the Silbo Platform by informing us what content is effective, monitoring how users navigate the Silbo Platform, counting users of the Silbo Platform, and counting how many e-mails sent by us were actually opened.
Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting
We do not support the Do Not Track (“DNT”) browser setting. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser’s settings to let the websites you visit know that you do not want the websites collecting your Personal Information.
We may track your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. For example, we may use web beacons to help us determine what links or advertisers brought you to our Site. We may also use third-party service providers to display advertisements to you on other websites based on your activities while on the Silbo Platform.
c) Information Collected by Mobile Applications
When you use the App, the App may automatically collect and store some or all of the following information from your mobile device (“Mobile Device Information”), including, but not limited to:
- The type of Internet browsers you use with the App.
- Your preferred country site.
- Your mobile operating system.
- Your phone number or other identifiers assigned to your mobile device, including: The IP address of your mobile device and the manufacturer and model of your mobile device.
We may link your Mobile Device Information and App Usage Information to Personal Information you have provided us, in which case we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
If you are an Official using the App, we may collect your geographic location by using Global Positioning System (GPS) information sent to us from the App. For more information on when this information is collected, how we use it, and with whom it is shared, services professionals should refer to the Service Agreement available on the Silbo Platform.
We only collect location information about Officials who have been accepted to participate on the Silbo Platform and not about Requesters or about Official applying to participate in the Silbo Platform.
d) Information You Provide About A Third Party
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about the Silbo Platform, we may collect your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Silbo Platform. We store this information only to send this one-time email and to track the success of our referral program. We do not use this information for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise. Please be aware that when you refer a friend, your e-mail address may be included in the message sent to your friend.
If you are using the Silbo Platform to request Official Services, you may provide us ratings and reviews of the Officials you engage through the Silbo Platform.
e) Information Third Parties Provide About You
We may supplement the information we collect about you through the Silbo Platform with records received from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you information that we believe may be of interest to you. For example, websites on which we have placed advertisements, such as Google, may tell us which ads about Silbo you clicked. This is often called “conversion tracking.”
In addition, when third parties we engage to conduct background checks on Officials, those third parties share the results of the background check with Silbo.
If you call or text (SMS) message an Official or Requester using the telephone number provided by Silbo, Silbo uses Twilio to mask your telephone number. During this process, Silbo and Twilio receive in real time and may store call data, including the date and time of the call or text (SMS) message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the text (SMS) messages.
f) Information You Provide to a Third Party
II. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect to serve our customers, consider applicants, market and promote our services, and improve your experience at the Silbo Platform. Some examples may include:
- Scheduling, rescheduling, and cancelling Official Services
- Rating and reviewing Officials
- Providing public and private profiles of Officials
- Addressing complaints
- Communicating with you by email, telephone, or text message, in accordance with your wishes
- Managing payments for Official Services
- Considering whether to engage Officials on the Silbo Platform
- Evaluating job applications to work at Silbo
- Improving customer service
- Sending you marketing and promotional emails, unless you have told us you do not want to receive such emails
- Troubleshooting technical problems on the Silbo Platform
- Responding to questions and feedback
- Conducting research and analysis
- Running online or mobile sweepstakes, contents, or other promotions
- Marketing and advertising products and services
- Continuously evaluating and improving the online and mobile user experience
- Contacting you with regard to your use of the Silbo Platform and, in our discretion, changes to the Silbo Platform and/or the Silbo Platform policies
The information described in this section may be transferred to, or processed and stored in, the United States and other countries, which may employ greater or less restrictive data protection laws. In all cases, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with the policies described herein. Data Retention
We may delete the back-ups of the databases containing your Personal Information in our discretion, unless you request that we delete it earlier.
III. HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
a) Official Profiles and Ratings and Reviews by Requestors
The Silbo Platform may display profiles of the Officials who participate on the Silbo Platform. These profiles may include the Official’s name, and ratings and reviews about the Official provided by the Requester. The Official’s profile may be visible to all users of the Silbo Platform.
If you provide a rating or review about an Official, we may post information identifying you as the poster.
b) Official Contact Information
The Silbo Platform will make each Official’s contact information visible to the relevant league or athletic association administrator and any other Officials that are involved in the same game, match, or competition.
c) Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf
Third party companies and individuals provide or facilitate certain aspects of the Official Services offered through the Silbo Platform on our behalf. We may provide these third-party service providers with access to your information, including your Personal Information, so that they can perform these services for us. We require these third-party service providers to provide safeguards for your Personal Information similar to the ones that we provide.
The following are some examples of how we share your information with third-party service providers.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice.
- We use Stripe, a third-party service provider, to process any billing information, including credit card information you submit.
- If Officials applying to participate on the Silbo Platform in the United States provide their Social Security numbers for a background check, the Social Security number is transmitted using SSL encryption to the background check service provider.
e) Social Network Site Authentication
If you choose to log-in to the Silbo Platform through Facebook, Twitter, or another social networking site, we may share information about your account with the social networking site.
f) Administrative and Legal Reasons
We may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
Legal Compliance and Protections:
We may disclose account and other Personal Information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Silbo, our users, or others. This includes exchanging Personal Information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
g) Corporate Transactions
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your information, including your Personal Information:
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Silbo Platform or successor database.
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. The Silbo Platform, and products and services offered through it, are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use the Silbo Platform.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE/YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents who use the Silbo Platform may request that we provide certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You can make such a request by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail: Attn: Privacy, Silbo, Inc., P.O. Box 6302, Raleigh, NC 27628-6302.
IV. HOW WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information is important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use. For example, when users book services, the information they input is encrypted through SSL encryption. We do not store credit card information on our servers, and we use SSL encryption to protect your credit card information when it is transferred to our third-party payment processor. In addition, access to your Personal Information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the Personal Information to perform a specific job are granted access to Personal Information. All employees with access to Personal Information are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. After a new policy is added, these employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to enhance protection for our users’ Personal Information.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your account password and to your computer. Be sure to log out of your account or to close your browser after you have completed your visit to our Site.
Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
V. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update, correct, or delete your Personal Information. You may also update, correct, and delete some of your Personal Information through your account on the Silbo Platform. In addition, you may cancel or modify the email communications you have chosen to receive from the Silbo Platform by following the instructions contained in emails from us.
VI. HAVE QUESTIONS?